Kenyatta University launched a new mobile friendly website and mobile app.This allows members of the community access to essential university information and services. The event took place on 4th October 2016 at the Amphitheatre in main Campus, at 9am. The chief guest was chairperson Communications Authority of Kenya, Mr. Ngene Gituku.
The mobile friendly website and mobile app unifies existing informational tools and unique new features into a comprehensive, one-stop package for interacting with the University and getting things done. Therefore, adoption of mobile platforms will enhance access to KU digital services.
THE MOBILE APP
Benefits of the KU Mobile App.
• Enhanced Communication: Instant communication to a large number of students at a go.
• News and events panel: This inform users of what’s happening in the university and improve attendance to important university/ student-based meetings, conferences.
• Easier access to the university’s online content; Including students’ portal, corporate email, eduroam access and accommodation
• Security: improves security by offering tips, a list of hotlines and emergency numbers. Students can send an instant message to KU Security office if they are in danger.
• Careers feature: students will access job and attachment opportunities from the KU Careers & Placement office.
How to access the Mobile App
• Go to play store with your phone/tablet
• Search Kenyatta University
• Select the Kenyatta University App in the search results
• Click Install
NEW KU WEBSITE
Benefits of the New Website
• Mobile Friendly: The site has a mobile friendly simplified design where users can easily access information on a small screen without clutter.
• Interactive experience: Users can share feedback on articles
• Quick view of the trends in social media: Trends on social media are incorporated on the site hence it’s possible to know subjects of discussion within a short period of time.
• Improved user experience: A better layout of the site and the web pages load at a faster speed .
• Representation of campus culture : The Campus life section enables prospective students see if they are a good fit, and also to make current students feel at home.
• Enhanced navigation: The site has an intuitive, categorized navigation system which makes it easier for both current and prospective students to find exactly what they’re looking for.
View photos for Mobile APP & Website Launch Event