The University Management has noted that there has been some delay in disbursement of fees from HELB for some eligible students. This implies that the affected students may not be able to beat the deadline of Wednesday, 8th February 2017 for clearing fees for 2nd Semester, 2017.
As of today, Wednesday, 8th February 2017 the University has received lists of students whose funds are being processed as follows:
- 1,981 KUCCPS students (batch 290) – Fees for 2nd Semester, 2016/2017
- 445 KUCCPS students (Batch 261) – fees for 1st Semester, 2016/2017.
- 1,004 SSP Students (Batch 296) – Fees for 2nd Semester, 2016/2017.
For the above groups of students, the Students Finance Section has been directed to verify their fee balances and activate their individual accounts by Sunday, 12th February 2017 to enable them register their units. However, actual payments by HELB for every individual student will be subsequently verified once the funds are disbursed to the University by HELB.
Please note that the lists of the affected students have been uploaded on the University Website for their confirmation.
The following students should confim their HELB loan status.The students appearing on this lists will be removed from hold between Saturday and Sunday to enable them register their units if they would have paid all other fee excluding the loan we are expecting from HELB.
Check your status in the following batch files
The students appearing on this lists will be removed from hold today. Kindly visit your campuses.
Kenyatta University Cisco Networking Academy in its teaching role wishes to advertise Full time & Part-time courses in PC Hardware & Software Maintenance, CCNA 1-4 and Cyber Security. The course will be offered in Kenyatta University Main Campus, City Campus, Mombasa, Nakuru, Nyeri, Kericho, and Embu Campuses.
Mode of Learning
- Apply on or before 2nd March 2017
- Classes start on 6th March 2017
- The students are expected to attend four hours of training each day during weekdays for a period of four weeks which include both theory and practical lessons.
- Full time and Evening classes available in all our Cisco campuses.
- Students who register during this period will also qualify to be enrolled for free courses in “Get Connected”, “Internet of Things” and “Introduction to Cyber Security”.
PC HARDWARE & SOFTWARE MAINTENANCE Qualifications:
- Minimum of a mean grade of D+ (plus) at K.C.SE or Equivalent with at least D (plain) in Mathematics and English. Form IV leavers highly encouraged to apply.
CCNA 1 Qualifications:
- Minimum of a mean grade of C (minus) at K.C.S.E or Equivalent with at least D (plain) in Mathematics or Physics.
CCNA 2-4 Qualifications:
- ALL applicants to any subsequent module should have successfully completed the previous module.
The Cyber Security certification lays the foundation for job rules such as network security specialist, network security administrator and network security support. Course duration is 8 weeks
- One should have successfully completed CCNA 1-4
The following students should contact student finance office urgently concerning accommodation for 2nd semester academic year 2016/2017. This must be done by Thursday December 29th 2016 4.00 pm.