Definition of Erasmus + KA107
The project is coordinated by Istanbul Kültür University (IKU) as a Programme Country. IKU will administer all grant payments for mobility to Europe ("incoming") and from Europe ("outgoing").
Kenyatta University is responsible for collecting applications of the prospective exchange students and providing them with all necessary support including pre-departure preparation, monitoring during mobility, and formally recognizing the mobility period. The receiving institution (IKU) offers students a study programme at the university and allocates grants for the students qualified to be an exchange student at IKU.
Departments and Quotas
Department / Unit
English Language and Literature
- Being a full-time student enrolled in a program of a HEI, in any education degree (primary, secondary or tertiary)
- For Bachelor students; having minimum 50 Grade Point Average out of 4.00
- For graduate students; having minimum 00 Grade Point Average out of 4.00
- The minimum foreign language proficiency level is B2 (Intermediate). *
- Having at least 30 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) or equivalent study load per semester (Students who have not fulfilled the requirements for graduation yet).
- The total period of joining the Erasmus+ program is one semester.
* Students can count the results of the English exam they have taken before, or the results of the foreign language exam (TOELF IBT, Pearson). If the student does not have any English Language exam result, the English exam has to be organized by the sending University.
Erasmus Grade is used as an instrument by IKU to evaluate and to rank the applicants. Please see below how Erasmus Grade is calculated:
- Erasmus Grade = English Exam (to be converted to hundredths and %50 is taken)+ GPA at home university (to be converted to hundredths and %50 is taken)
Erasmus + International Credit Mobility 2020-2021 Spring Term applications and criteria used to evaluate the following are given below:
- Students with disability (need to be documented): +10 points
The selection of students - as well as the procedure for awarding them a grant - must be fair, transparent, coherent and documented and shall be made available to all parties involved in the selection process.
Selections are carried out by ranking the points from the highest to the lowest, taking into account the evaluation criteria and weighted scores announced by HEIs among the students who fulfill the minimum requirements. The selection criteria should be fair, transparent and objectively applicable to all potential beneficiaries.
How to Apply?
- Erasmus+ KA+107 Incoming Student Application Form (click)
- Transcript or Records
- Certification of the English Level
- Motivation Letter*
* Motivation Letter and CV is not included within the scoring criteria. If there are applications with equal scores, motivation letter and CV can be taken into consideration.
IKU will be responsible for signing the grant agreement with the participant (incoming student) and thereafter transfer grants to the selected students.
- Nominated students will receive a grant of EUR 800 per month for 4 months during the period of study mobility.
- Travel support (round way ticket) is also provided for students. The amount of travel grant must be calculated using the "Distance Calculator". The distance calculator is accessible from the following link:
1500 € (8000-9999 km)
- Eramus exchange student who will come to our university must fill the grant agreement before coming to study at IKU. Students who do not have a grant contract are not paid a grant. 70% of the student's total grant payment is transferred to the Euro account after the student arrives at our university.
In order for Erasmus exchange students to receive their remaining grants (30%), they must have passed at least 2/3 of the courses stated in their learning agreements.
Announcement of Results
As a result of the exam evaluation, all applicants are prepared according to the Erasmus + General Achievement Grade and the International Relations Office announces to partner university the list of students who are eligible to become Erasmus exchange students.
- For more information, please contact the International Relations Office of İstanbul Kültür University.
Announcement Date: 3rd November 2020
Application Start Date: 5th November 2020
Application Deadline: 7th November 2020
For IKU Offical Page: https://www.iku.edu.tr/en
For Academic Calendar: https://www.iku.edu.tr/en/academic-calendar
For Academic Package: https://legacy.iku.edu.tr/EN/ects.php?p=1&r=0
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15 DECEMBER 2020
- The Call
Kenyatta University is pleased to announce M.Sc and PhD scholarships available through the German Academic Exchange Services (DAAD) funding support. DAAD promotes international academic exchange as well as educational cooperation with developing countries through various funding and scholarship programmes. These scholarships will benefit scholars from Kenya and the Sub-Saharan African region to pursue studies in selected M.Sc and PhD Programmes as highlighted below. The scholarships are tenable for 2021/2022 academic period that will commence in September 2021; therefore, only candidates available to start the training during this period should apply.
The scholarships are open to students who are interested/ registered in the following programmes:
- M.Sc in Renewable Energy Technology
- PhD in Biotechnology
- PhD in Environmental Planning and Management
Applications are invited from qualified candidates. Female applicants, candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
- Duration and commencement
Scholarships are available for up to a maximum of two years (Master) and three years (PhD) and will initially be granted for one year but may be extended upon individual student request using a specified form to be provided by DAAD.
- Application Requirements
- Applicants must have completed their last university degree less than 6 years ago at the time of application.
- Must be nationals of a Sub-Saharan African country.
- A signed curriculum vitae; please use the Europass CV template
- Certified copies of all university degree certificates (scanned PDFs).
- Certified copies of all university transcripts (scanned PDFs).
- An admission letter including fee structure of respective course (original or certified copy only), or an official letter assuring admission.
For Master candidates only:
- Letter of motivation (Maximum 2 pages in PDF).
- Academic reference from senior lecturer and proof of employment if applicable (scanned PDF copy).
For Ph.D. candidates only:
- Research proposal including a detailed work plan (10 to 15 pages); plagiarism will be checked and limited to a maximum of 20%.
- PhD proposal must demonstrate relevance to development.
- Recommendation letter by head of department indicating that you are a present or prospective member of staff and how you will be integrated into the staff development agenda of the university (scanned PDF copy).
- Confirmation of study leave from your university (if applicable; scanned PDF copy)
Note: All documents should be sent as one PDF DOCUMENT except the PhD proposals.
PhD Proposal must be in WORD document and properly formatted.
Please note that the university may require certain academic certificates to be qualified by the
Kenya National Qualifications Authority (http://www.knqa.go.ke/) at the applicant’s cost.
- Application Procedure
For application for Admission to Kenyatta University, please follow the link below:
- National Students: http://www.ku.ac.ke/admissions/index.php/explore/prospective-students
- International Students: http://international.ku.ac.ke/
- All applicants are required to fill this form to provide additional information. Please click here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1T7K1n-MWM8T_BrFsDGMT1ErzPv84G7FvRLUB0tNvbyI/edit?usp=sharing
- Detailed information on the scholarship and specific requirements is available here https://www.daad.or.ke/en/in-country-in-region-programme/
- Application Timelines
- All applications for scholarships must be received by the end of day on 15 December 2020.