The Directorate wishes to inform all CEP/IBP students reporting on 19th May 2021 for the examination session that accommodation on campus is available for them. The rate for the entire exam period is Kshs. 800
This is to request interested students to apply for the said spaces by filling the Google form provided as below;
- Visit the KU website www.ku.ac.ke
- Find this memo on the homepage of the university website
- Click on the link on this memo. You will be asked to sign in.
- Sign into a gmail account (personal gmail or KU students corporate email)
- This opens the application form for accommodation. Fill and submit.
NB: PLEASE DO NOT CLICK ON THE ‘REQUEST EDIT ACCESS’ BUTTON.
Start Date: - Thursday 13th May 2021 at 5.00 p.m.
End Date: - Monday 17th May 2021 at 11.00a.m.
(a) Successful applicants will be notified through the University website by Tuesday 18th May 2021 5.00 pm.
(b) Those successful are expected to sign into the room with the housekeeper immediately upon reporting.
(c) Kindly make payments into the university accounts upon allocation before reporting date.
DIRECTOR, ACCOMMODATION SERVICES
TO ALL NEWLY ADMITTED STUDENTS FOR SECOND SEMESTER (MAY) 2020/2021 INTAKE
Kenyatta University wishes to inform all newly admitted First Year Regular (Full-Time and Part-Time) students that the May Semester 2020/2021 Academic Year will commence on 17th May 2021 for 1st Year Undergraduate, Certificate, Diploma and Postgraduate students.
Registration, Orientation and Learning will be conducted online (VIRTUAL) via the University’s Learning Management System (LMS) for all levels as well as modes of studies as follows:
- LEVELS: Undergraduate, Certificate, Diploma and Postgraduate students 17th May 2021.
- MODES: Regular (Full-Time and Part-Time)
PLEASE NOTE THAT EACH NEWLY ADMITTED STUDENT IS REQUIRED TO:
- Secure a Laptop/Tablet/IPad to enable him/her to participate in the LMS.
- Register online as per the guidelines provided on the University’s website and attach the following documents: Secondary school/KCSE Result Slip, National ID/Birth Certificate, NHIF or another medical cover/insurance, proof of fee payment (banking slip) for verification.
- Complete payment of fees within the official period provided on the University’s website.
- Log on to the Kenyatta University website for detailed information on Registration, Orientation, and online teaching and learning activities.
- SCHEDULE OF ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
The Schedule of Academic Activities is available on the University website Schedule of Academic Activities for 2nd Semester, 2020-2021- Full-time Programmes.pdf (ku.ac.ke)
All students will be required to register online within the set registration dates by following the steps outlined below:
- Log on to Kenyatta University website www.ku.ac.ke
- Click on the Admissions portal/window.
- Click the Online Registration link and follow the instructions provided for online registration.
- VERIFICATION OF DOCUMENTS
All newly admitted students MUST fill an online registration form and attach the documents specified below for verification:
- All other students: National ID/Birth Certificate, banking slip for fee payment, passport size photograph.
- International students: Identity Card/Passport, banking slip for fee payment, passport size photograph.
Please Note: Presentation of duly filled Joining Instruction Forms and physical verification of original documents will take place when the students report to the University for face-to-face learning.
Orientation is mandatory for all newly admitted students. It will be done online and will cover the following areas: Address by the Vice-Chancellor and other key University officers, registration for course units, use of online Learning Management System (LMS), Inter/Intra School or Departmental transfers, online teaching and learning, among others.
Students will be required to log on to the Kenyatta University website www.ku.ac.ke open the Orientation Link and follow the online orientation steps as per timelines/dates provided above.
- ONLINE LEARNING MATERIALS
All the new students will be required to secure a Laptop/Tablet/iPad to enable them to participate in the online learning activities. The course content/materials have been uploaded online and shall be accessed by any student wherever he/she is, within and outside the country. Students shall be taken through the procedure for accessing Learning Management System as well as online content during the orientation.
Specifications for laptops/Tablets/iPads:
Please visit http://www.ku.ac.ke/index.php/ku/item/1678-specifications-for-students-laptops for specifications on Laptops, Tablets and iPads.
- STUDENT PORTALS
The University has created the following online accounts for each student: corporate email account, student portal account and e-learning account. The log-in credentials to each account will automatically be generated and emailed to each student during the registration process.
- FEE PAYMENT
All new students will be required to complete payment of fees within the stipulated period specified in the semester dates. Students who will not have completed paying fees within the set deadline will be required to call off the semester by writing to the Registrar (Academic). Fees should be paid to any of the accounts provided in the Admission Letters and a copy of the banking slip scanned and sent as guided in the registration process.
Any student who wishes to contact the Office of the Registrar (Academic) can do so via the postal address, emails and mobile telephone numbers provided below.
Students are also expected to visit the University website www.ku.ac.ke to acquaint themselves with all the requirements and detailed information about their studies at the University.
ENQUIRIES AND INFORMATION
For further information, please contact:
The Registrar (Academic), Kenyatta University,
P.O. Box 43844 – 00100, Nairobi
KUCCPS Undergraduate Admissions: Mobile: +254-727771905
SSP Undergraduate Admissions: Mobile: +254-745231768/ +254-737423721
CEP & Open Learning Undergraduate Admissions: Mobile: +254-745231768
Postgraduate & International Undergraduate Admissions: Mobile: +254-780830830
Admissions Customer Care and Call Center: +254-20 8704115/16