Applications are invited from qualified applicants for the following programmes which will be offered in through Institution Based Mode of Study beginning August 2018. The entry requirements for each Programme are as shown below:
Growing Leaders Programme: Certificate in Leadership Development and Mentorship
1. Please note that all students who registered for the Second Semester 2017/2018 are
The subject above refers;
It has come to our attention that a person going by the name of “Dr. Arson Mose” mobile number 0724087657 is out to con our first year KUCCPS students who are set to join the University in September 2018. We would like for the following message to be sent out to the students;
Accommodation is guaranteed to all KUCCPS 1 st year students joining Kenyatta University in September 2018. Do not pay anyone to secure a room. The accommodation fees as indicated on the admission letters should be paid only through the Kenyatta University bank accounts and not via M-Pesa or any personal numbers.
International Conference On : ‘‘20 Years Since The Rome Statute Of The International Criminal Court (Icc) – The Status Of International Rule Of Law, And Access To International Criminal Justice In Africa.’’
20-21 September 2018
Organised by : Department of Diplomacy and International Relations, School of Security, Diplomacy and Peace Studies, Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya
In Partnership with :OPEN SOCIETY INTIATIVE FOR EAST AFRICA (OSIEA)
During the conference, the academic dialogue will be facilitated through a combination of keynotes presentations and panels under the following themes and topics:
Sub- Theme 1: The Emergence of the Rome Statute Accountability Mechanism- Opportunities, Challenges and the way forward.
1) Responses to international crimes in African jurisdictions prior to the Rome Statute and the International Criminal Court.
2) Historical injustices and International crimes in Africa.
3) Africa States’ approach and attitude towards universal jurisdiction
4) The Legacy of the United Nations Security Council in dealing African issues.
5) African States at Rome Conference – proposals and counter-proposals
6) African States and International Tribunals, Cases Studies and Lessons learned
7) The role and effectiveness of alternative justice mechanisms in Africa.
Sub-Theme 2: Politics of International Criminal Justice and Africa: Regional Justice Mechanisms - Obstructers or Enablers of the Rome Statute Mechanism.
- Self-referrals in the context of African situations
- The African States in the United Nations Security Council and their role in referral of African situations to the Office of the Prosecutors
- Justice and Peace dilemma and the fate of the International Criminal Court.
- Victims and Reparations for discontinued cases- what are the prospects.
- Regionalisation of International Criminal Law- The Malabo Protocol- Enabler or Obstructer of the Rome Statute
- International Court Justice and immunity for international crimes
- The prospects for African Unionthe 3rd UNSC Meeting and Withdrawal Strategy
Abstract deadline: 7th July 2018
Abstract notification: 10th July 2018
Full-papers deadline: 19th August 2018