Welcome to Department of Construction and Real Estate Management
The Department was established in 2015 to meet the increasing demand in the real estate sector in Kenya which has been growing at a rapid rate.
The Department has two programs.
Tagline: The departmental goal is to train, conduct research and publish on matters related to the efficient performance within the construction, real estate and valuation sectors.
The programmes specific objectives are to:
- Provide students with sound theoretical knowledge and practical skills to enable them think analytically and conceptually in finding solutions to problems in building and civil engineering construction.
- Train students to provide independent, objective, accurate and reliable capital/operating cost assessments for investment funding and project administration and control;
- Create the capability to analyze investments and developments for the guidance of project owners, financiers and contractors.
- Provide training in specialized skills and techniques which students to interact with other professionals in the construction and real estate sector;
- Train students on techniques for oversight in the organization, scheduling, and implementation of land and building assets
- Ms. Catherine Gateri- Lecturer, Department of Construction and Real Estate Management
- Ms. Juliet Muiga- Lecturer, Department of Construction and Real Estate Management
- Mr. John Waweru Gakunga- Lecturer, Department of construction and Real Estate Management
- Mr. Daniel Nyachiro- Tutorial fellow, Department of Construction and Real Estate Management
Professional affiliation and Accreditation
Students graduating from programs in this department are eligible for membership in the AAK, IQSK and ISK. For professional practice and licensing, they are registered and licensed by the BORAQs, VRB and ERB. Internationally the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) accredits construction and property management professionals.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 December 2018 15:04