Department: Educational Management, Policy and Curriculum Studies
Contact Address: 43844-00200 Nairobi
Area of Specialization: Educational Administration, Research Methods, Values-based Education, Leadership and Coaching
Research Interests: Values Education, Organisational Development, Change management, Internationalisation,
View full CV
- Otieno, D. (2016). Access to Higher Education within a Devolved system of
government. Kabarak Journal of Research and Innovation. Vol. 4. No. 2. Available at http://eserver.kabarak.ac.ke:8082/ojs/index.php/journal1/issue/view/13/showToc
- Otieno, D. & Role, E. (2015). Implications of Life Skills Education on Character
Development in Children: A Case of Hill School. Baraton Interdisciplinary Research Journal.
- Otieno, D & Osoro, E. (2014). Blended Learning in Higher Education: Learners’
Preferences and Insights. Available online at www.elixirpublishers.com ISSN: 2229-712X
- Otieno, D. (2013). The Role of Kenyan Universities in Achieving Vision 2030.
Available online at www.elixirpublishers.com ISSN: 2229-712X
- Otieno, D. (2012). In-service teachers’ reflective Perspectives of Teaching
Practicum Issues, Challenges and new Frontiers. Available online at www.elixirjournal.org ISSN: 2229-712X
1.2.2 Books and Books Chapters
- Book Chapter: Integrating digital literacy in the Competency Based Curriculum (In progress)
- Book: A model of values-based leadership in Higher Education (In progress)
- 15th – 17th April 2019 Attended the Agakhan University 3rd National Education Conference at Safaripark hotel, Nairobi. Presented a paper titled, ‘Internationalisation of Higher Education in Kenya: A Case of Kenyatta University.
- 10th – 14th December 2018 Attended the NACADA-ISSUP-AUC International Conference on Drug Demand Reduction held at KICC, Nairobi. Presented a paper titled, ‘Evidence based practices and programs in prevention in schools: A policy analysis of international best practices. Effectively became a champion and advocate for the prevention of drug and substance abuse in schools and communities.
- 26th – 27th November 2018 Attended the Global Blue Economy conference themed: “Blue Economy and the Agenda 2030 on Sustainable Development”. Effectively became a Blue Economy Champion.
- 30th Oct - 2nd Nov 2018 2nd Biennial conference on the state of Higher Education in Kenya. Commission for University Education. Presented a paper titled, “Values-based Leadership: A model for Higher Education Management in Kenya”.
- 19th – 21st September 2018 3rd International Research conference on “Re-weaving education to meet the demands of the 21st century.” Presented a scholarly paper entitled, “Values-based leadership and Strategic management in Higher education in Kenya”.
- 13th – 15th September 2018 4th Research conference at the Adventist University of Africa. Presented a scholarly research paper titled, “Values-based leadership and Strategic Management in Higher Education.”
- 2nd to 4th May 2018 5th Annual Baraton International interdisciplinary research conference. Presented a paper entitled: “Value Congruence: The Interplay between Personal and Organizational Values”.
- 13th – 15th July 2016 Sixth Annual International Conference themed: Research, Innovation for Societal Empowerment. Kabarak University. Presented a research paper titled “Access to Higher Education within a Devolved System of Government”.
- 5th – 6th July 2016 Sixth Annual International Conference on Innovations for Advancement of Humanity. Organized and hosted by: The Eldoret National Polytechnic. Presented paper titled: “Headteachers Applied Intellectual Stimulation Approach and its Effect on Teachers’ Job Satisfaction”.
- April 2015 Attended Baraton Interdisciplinary International Research Conference. Presented a paper titled “Implications of Life Skills Education on Character development in children”
- 28th – 30th May 2014 Participated in the 1st Annual Africa Nazarene University International Conference, Nairobi. Presented a research paper titled, “A Content Analysis of University Websites and their Efficacy as Communication Tools.
- 12th – 14th February 2014 Annual Writers Conference. Catholic University of Eastern Africa, GABA, Eldoret. Presented a paper titled, “Role of Christian Universities in a Knowledge-based Economy”.
- 15th – 18th October 2013 3rd Annual International Conference. Kabarak University. Presented a research paper titled, “Blended Learning in Higher Education”
- 3rd – 5th September 2013 First Interdisciplinary International Conference, University of Eldoret. Presented a theoretical paper titles, “The Role of Kenyan Universities in Achieving Vision 2030”.