Full Time Academic Staff
- Dr. S. Maingi Mutisya
- Eng. Marclus K. Mwai
- Eng. Dr. Bosire Omosa
- Dr. Fedelis N. Kilonzo
- Mr. John Gakunga
- Mr Nduhiu Gathuma
- Dr. Wesley Kipkemoi Kirui
- Ms Catherine R. Githuku
- Mrs. Rose N. Mbugua
1. Dr. Dulo Simeon Otieno
1. Mr. Patrick Njuguna
2. Dr. Arthur Sichangi
3. Mr. Roy Orenge
4. Mr. George Mwaura
5. Mr. Mungathia Tulatia
6. Dr. Gabriel Waweru
1. Eng. Prof. Francis Gichaga
2. Eng. Prof. Patts Odira
3. Eng. Prof. Walter O. Oyawa
The Department of Civil Engineering (ECV) was founded in 2014 to replace the then Department of Water Engineering in the School of Engineering and Technology (SET).
The department is currently running two undergraduate programmes, namely, Bachelor of Science (BSc.) in Civil Engineering and Bachelor of Science (BSc.) in Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering. The department is also in the process of developing two post graduate programmes at Masters Level namely Master of Science (MSc.) in Water Technology & Management and Master of Science (MSc.) in Hydrology & Climate Change.
The undergraduate programmes in this department have been developed to meet the requirements of Commission for University Education (CUE) and the requirements of the Engineers’ Board of Kenya (EBK), while taking into account the market needs for engineers. The programmes are currently under review by the EBK for accreditation.
To become a leading centre of excellence for Civil Engineering Education, Training, Research and Practice.
To produce high caliber, skillful, innovative, competent, knowledgeable, morally upright and internationally competitive graduates to serve in the conventional and emerging sectors in Kenya’s Civil Engineering sector and the world and with capability to pursue higher degrees.
- The program provides students with a strong foundation of mathematical, scientific and engineering knowledge and prepares students for successful engineering careers.
- The program provides students with the theoretical and practical knowledge, and an ability to design civil engineering structures within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, and sustainability.
- Students will be able to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems using scientific approach.
Currently the Department offers the following Degree
Students wishing to pursue the above undergraduate programmes must satisfy the following:
- The university common regulations
- The candidate must have passed KCSE with a minimum grades in the subject indicated below:
National Diploma holders in Civil Engineering or Water Engineering from Kenya Polytechnic, Mombasa Polytechnic, Kenya Water Institute and other recognized colleges with a minimum of credit.
MODE OF DELIVERY
- Term Papers
- Field/ industrial attachment.
Graduates from the Department of Civil Engineering can find professional jobs both in private and public sector. e.g. Roads, Water, and Construction Industries, Training Institutes, Relevant Research organizations and NGO. They can also be employed in all Engineering related Consulting Firms.
Last Updated on Thursday, 31 May 2018 05:58