The department of Medicine, Therapeutics, Dermatology & Psychiatry is in the School of Health Sciences. It plays an important role in the training of medical practitioners in Internal Medicine, Pharmacology & Therapeutics, Psychiatry and Dermatology.
To ensure production of medical practitioners who have the necessary competence and knowledge to manage patients.
To be a centre of excellence within and outside the region.
• To train medical practitioners in Internal Medicine, Pharmacology & Therapeutics, Psychiatry and Dermatology
• To offer consultancy services in the upcoming Kenyatta University Teaching, Research & Referral Hospital and in the community.
Academic Staff & Specialization
4 lecturers on full time basis.
• Dr. James Ayugi, MBchB (Nairobi) M.Med Psychiatry (Nairobi)
• Dr. Susan Hinga MBchB (Makerere) M.Med Psychiatry (Nairobi)
• Dr. Ongecha F.A.O., MBchB (Nairobi) M.Med Psychiatry (Nairobi) Certificate in Substance Abuse (Yale)
• Dr. Munyoki Gilbert M., MBchB (Nairobi) M.Med. Medicine (Nairobi)
Duration and Mode of Study
The Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) programme runs for 6 years. We are involved in teaching students in Level II, III, V and VI.
- DR. SUSAN HINGA
- DR. GEORGE MORARA MOTURI
- DR. GILBERT MUNYOKI
- DR. FRANCISCA ONGECHA
- DR. JONATHAN WALA AMEYO
- DR. KAGUCHIA SOLOMON K.
- DR GRACE WAMBURU
From Department of Pharmacy & Complementary/Alternative Medicine
- MR. JOSEPH MUSAU
- MR. MESHACK ONYANBU
- DR. TIRUS WACHIRA
- DR. GLADYS MWANGI
- DR. MAURICE KODHIAMBO
- DR. TITUS KAHIGA
Other part-time lectures
Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 March 2017 12:30