To be a center of choice for quality training, innovative research and policy development for the production of world-class surgeons.
To provide teaching, research and quality surgical services. In doing so, the department shall enhance collaboration with Government of Kenya, research institutions locally and internationally to impact on health policies and standards in surgical practice.
- Strive to be a leader in surgical training, surgical research and surgical practice locally, regionally and internationally
- Espouse and impart the virtues of professional ethics and moral standards in training, research and practice
- Promote high quality evidence based surgical practice
- Nurture responsible professionalism through a culture of mentorship
- Promote gender sensitivity in surgical training, research and practice
- To promote the sub-specialties in internal surgery and ensure availability of high caliber sub-specialists to serve the needs of Kenya and East Africa region
The Department is responsible for MBChB programme (Pathology) which covers a
duration of 2 years of full time study. Each year is divided into 3 semesters.
Currently there are no Masters degree programmes but the Department has PhD
Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 March 2017 12:37