Dr. Kennedy Otieno Awuor
Dr. Kennedy Otieno Awuor is a Senior Lecturer in the department of mathematics, school of pure and applied sciences. He holds a masters of Science degree in applied mathematics from Kenyatta University. He also holds a Bachelor of education (science) from the same university. He teaches mathematics to undergraduate and masters students. His area of specialization is applied mathematics. His research interest is Numerical simulation of fluid flow in an enclosure.
Qualification: PhD , Kenyatta University. Thesis title: "Numerical simulation of natural turbulent convection in an enclosure." Bed (Science), Msc in Applied mathematics
Area of specialization: Applied mathematics
Research interest: Numerical simulation of fluid flow in an enclosure.
Grants received: DAAD, In country scholarship, SPAS, Deans research grant.
Book chapter publication
2019:Mutili Peter, Awuor Kennedy:A numerical study of turbulent natural convection in a square enclosure using a two equation model. Advances in mathematics and computer science Vol.3. A book published by Book publisher international.Chapter1.
Book link: http://bp.bookpi.org/php/bpi/catalog/view/81/1126/790-1
Research and Publications:
Article in referenced Journal
- 2020: Mutili Peter, Adewole Stephen, Awuor Kennedy,Oyoo Daniel: A Mathematical Model for Pressure Distribution in a Bounded Oil Reservoir Subject to Single-Edged and Bottom Constant Pressure. Paper Published in Journal of Mathematics (IOSR-JM). ISSN:2278-5728 Vol 16(4),2020.
2020:Mutili Peter ,Adewole Stephen, Awuor Kennedy,Oyoo Daniel:Effects of Fluid and Reservoir Characteristics on Dimensionless Pressure and Derivative of a Horizontal Well in a Bounded Oil Reservoir with Simultaneous Single Edge and Bottom Water Drive. Paper Published in Journal of Mathematics (IOSR-JM).ISSN:2278-5728 Vol 16(5),2020.
- 2020:Emily Nafula,Kennedy Awuor:Numerical simulation of turbulent natural convective heat transfer in a rectangular enclosure using the Paper published in International Journal of scientific Research and Innovative Technology (IJSRIT),ISSN 2313-3759 Vol 7(3),2020
- 2020:K.J.Kimunguyi, F.KGatheri, K.O.Awuor: Modelling Turbulent natural convection using the staggered grid and Simplec method. Paper published in International Journal of Innovative Science and Research Technology (IJISRT),ISSN 2456-2165 Vol 5(5),2020
- 2020:Kimunguyi,K.J.,Awuor,K.O,Gatheri,F.K:Modelling Turbulent natural convection using the staggered grid and . Paper published in European modern studies Journal ,ISSN 2522-9400 Vol 4(2),2020
2019:Josphat Kiplagat Kiprop,Kennedy Awuor:Modelling of natural turbulent convection in an enclosure with localized heating. Paper published in Journal of Statistics and Actuarial Research (IPRJB) ISSN 2518-881 (X) Vol 2(1),2019
- 2018:Mercy Muia, Kennedy Awuor: Numerical simulation of turbulent natural convection of air in a rectangular enclosure. Paper published in the World Journal of Natural Sciences Research (JNSR) ISSN 2224-3186(P), ISSN 2225-0921(O) Vol 8(6), 2018
- 2018:Ngesa Ochola, Kennedy Awuor,Jeconia Okello,Mark Kimathi: Heat and Mass Transfer Past a Semi-Infinite Vertical Porous Plate in MHD Flows in Turbulent Boundary Layer. Paper published in the World Journal of Research and Review (WJRR) ISSN 2455-3956(P), Vol 6(2), 2018
- 2017: Ngesa Ochola, Kennedy Awuor,Jeconia Okello,Mark Kimathi: Dynamics of MHD Heat and Mass Transfer Past a Semi-Infinite Vertical Porous Plate in a Turbulent Boundary Layer. Paper Published in the International Journal of Research in Informational and Technology (IJRIT) ISSN 2001-5569, Vol 1(2), 2017.
- 2017: Kennedy Awuor, Michael Gatitu. Numerical Simulation of Natural Convection In Rectangular enclosures. Paper Published in the International Journal for Innovative Research In Multidisciplinary Field. ISSN 2455-0620, Vol 3(7), 2017.
- 2017: Mutili Peter , Kennedy Awuor. A numerical study of turbulent natural convection In a square enclosure using a two- equation turbulent model. Paper Published in the Asian Journal of Mathematics and Computer Research.ISSN 2395-4205(P), ISSN 2395-4213(O) Vol 21(3), 127-144,2017
- 2017: Nzomo Timothy, Kennedy Awuor: A numerical study of turbulent natural convection In rectangular enclosure using a two- equation turbulent model. Article in press.
- 2016: Paul Wanjau, Francis Gatheri ,Kennedy Awuor: Comparision of convergence of Adomian decomposition method and fourth order Runge-Kutta method. Paper published in the Asian Journal of Mathematics and Computer Research (AJMCR) ISSN 2395-4205(P), ISSN 2395-4213(O) Vol 13(3), 152-161,2016
- 2015: Jaconia Okello, Nancy Imbusi, Kennedy Awuor, Albert Kalal, Christopher Onchaga: A viscous incompressible heat generating fluid flow past an infinite porous plate with radiation absorption. Paper published in the International Journal of Scientific engineering and research (IJSER) ISSN 2347-3878 Vol 3(10), 51-65, 2015.
- 2015: Jaconia Okello, Albert Kalal, , Kennedy Awuor, Nancy Imbusi, Christopher Onchaga: A parallel heat and mass transfer invariable viscousity hydromagnetic steady flow between two horizontal plates with energy dissipation. Paper published in the Standard International Journal (the SIJ) transactions on computer science engineering and its applications (CSEA) ISSN 2321-2381, Vol 3(6), 68-76,2015
- 2014: Winne Mutuku, Samuel Kithome,Kennedy Awuor:Analysis of MHD thermal boundary layer flow of nanofluids over a convectively heated moving flat plate. Jounal of fluid and thermal sciences, vol 2(1),1-19,2014
- Seminars/Workshops/Schools Attended/participated:
- June 19th -23rd 2017 The 4th Strathmore international mathematics conference. Strathmore University, Nairobi, Kenya.
- June 12th -16th 2017 The Second Kenyatta University workshop on Mathematical modeling, Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya
- September 26th -30th 2016, International Schools On Dynamical Systems In Biological Science, Strathmore University.
- 6th – 19th June 2015.The Second Kenyatta University International Mathematics Conference. Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya
- September 1st -5th 2014 International Schools On Mathematical Epidemiology, Strathmore University.
- 17th – 21st June 2013.The First Kenyatta University Mathematical Modeling Workshop. Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya
- 23rd -27th July 2012 Mathematical Biology Workshop. International Mathematics Research Meeting. Strathmore University.
- 8th – 10th June 2011. The First Kenyatta University international Mathematics Conference. Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya.
- 10th – 14th August 2010 1St East African Regional Scientific conference for School of Pure and Applied Sciences, Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya.
- 26th August -4th Sept. 2009 Data Analysis workshop and conference held in Mathematics Dept. Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya.