A biochemist and chemist who is an effective and competent lecturer and early carrier researcher in drug development, bioinformatics, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Green medical Biochemistry and Chemistry, Nanotechnology, molecular and genetic engineering. To work in a challenging and dynamic institution or organization, develop perfect research collaboration in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Pharmacology and drug designing, Genetic and Molecular biology and Microbiology research with dedication, creativity and implementation of existing policies through teamwork.
Academic and Professional Qualification
2019-2020: Visiting Researcher (Medical Biochemistry): Centre of Chemistry and Chemical
2015-2020: Ongoing PhD in Medical Biochemistry by research, Kenyatta University.
2008-2010: Msc. Biochemistry (First Class Honors), Periyar University, India.
2006-2010: Bachelor of Pharmacy, Vinayaka Mission's College of Pharmacy, India
2005-2008: Bsc. Biochemistry (First Class Honours), Periyar University, India
Jan 2015- to date: Medical Biochemistry Head of Section and Medical Biochemistry Lecturer, Kenyatta University; Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Biotechnology.
July2010- Dec 2014: Head of Department Biochemistry and Chemistry and Full Time Medical Biochemistry and Chemistry Lecturer, Kampala International University, Dar-Es-Salaam Campus, Tanzania
April 2012- Aug 2013: visiting lecturer Medical Biochemistry Lecturer Mount Kenya university Kigali campus.
April 2012 up to June 2013: Biochemistry and Biotechnology Part-Time lecturer, Technical University of Kenya. Nairobi Campus
June 2010-April 2012: Biochemist/Quality Control Analyst in Quality Control Department- Beta International Health Care.
Dec2009-April 2010: I worked in Acme Progen Biotechnology (India) Private Limited as a Laboratory technician in Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Microbiology Laboratory.
Major Achievements Since Last Appointment (2015 to date)
- Resource mobilization: Over KES 6 million in research grants
- Publications: Over 10 publications in high impact peer refereed journals
- Networking: Created over 10 international, regional and local partnerships (SARIMA, Pretoria University)
- Professional and community development: Keynote speaker in 3 international conferences
- Organized 6 workshops for dissemination of research findings
- Administration: Medical Biochemistry Coordinator, Assistant examination coordinator, Developed and reviewed of B. Pharmacy, BSc. Cell and Molecular Biology, BSc. Forensic Science curriculum in the of Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Biotechnology.
2.2 Research Publications
- Eliakim Mbaka Mauti Godfrey Omare Mauti, Justus Onguso, David Keno Kowanga .An investigative study of dwarf mango (Boribo Muyini) seed kernel extract against inflammatory agent Staphylococcus aureu. Journal of Scientific and Innovative Research 2015; 4(5): 200-202.
- Godfrey omare Mauti,Eliakim Mbaka Mauti, and David Keno kowanga.Evaluatio of malaria spread in relation topoor environmental condition at kibaha District (Tanzania). J.of Sci.I Res, 2015;4(5):203-206.
- David Keno kowanga, Godfrey omare Mauti, Eliakim Mbaka Mauti. Biosorption for lead (II) ions aqueous solutions by the biomass of spyridia filamentosa algal species found in indian ocea J.of Sci.Inno. Res, 2015;4(5):218:220
- Godfrey Omare Mauti, Eliakim Mbaka Mauti, Geoffrey Arasa Ouno, Benard Maronga Mabeya . Antibacterial activity of Garlic, Tulsi, Bitter guard and Cinnamon extracts against wound pathoge Journal of Scientific and Innovative Research. 2015; 4(4): 178-181
- Godfrey Omare, Eliakim Mbaka, Geoffrey Arasa Ouno and Benard Moronge Mabeya. Antibacterial Activity of Garlic, Tulsi, Bitter guard and Cinnamon Extracts against Wound Pathoge Journal of Scientific and Innovative Research 2015; Vol.4(4): pp178-181.
- Eliakim Mbaka, Godfrey Omare.,Geofrey Arasa Ouno, Benard Moronge Mabeya and Sabella J Molecular Identification of Soil Bacteria by 16S rDNA Sequence” Journal of International Institute for Science, Technology and Education (IISTE), Vol 3, No 14 (2013) pp 51-58.
- Geofrey Arasa Ouno, Eliakim Mbaka and Godfrey Omare. Isolation, Identification and Characterization of Urinary Tract Infectious Bacteria and The Effect of Different Antibiotics, Journal Of International Institute For Science, Technology And Education (IISTE), Vol 3, No 6 (2013) pp 150-
- Eliakim Mbaka and Godfrey Omare “Screening of Bioactive Secondary Metabolites From Sea Sponge (Clathria Indica) Associated Bacteria Against Urinary Tract Pathogens” HURIA Journal of The Open University of Tanzania, Volume 15 June, 2013 pp 243-
List of ongoing publication
- Eliakim Mbaka Mauti* Mathew piero Ngugi, Richard Odour,David Mburu, in vitro antioxidant activities of africana, T.brownii and A. hockii.
- Eliakim Mbaka Mauti* Godfrey Omare Mauti, Justus Onguso, David Keno Kowanga. Molecular assay of HIV genes on selected medicinal herb extracts from Kibaha District. Tanzania. International Journal of Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Biological Sciences (IJPCBS) (Received on 20.11.2015)
- Godfrey Omare Mauti, Eliakim Mbaka and Barasa Ambrose Kiberenge. Prevention, fighting and eradication of malaria in Africa. LAP Lambart academic publishing. 1S ed. Germany (2015); ISNB 978-3-659-78886-4.
- Godfrey Omare Mauti, Eliakim Mbaka and Justus Ong Bioactive Secondary Metabolites from Sea Sponge (Clathria indica) against urinary Tract Pathogens. LAP Lambart academic publishing. 1ST. ed. Germany (2014); ISNB 978-3659554520